Glorious God, Glorious Gospel
by Sally Michael & Jill Nelson
Glorious God, Glorious Gospel has been developed as a family devotional for parents to use with their children to ground them in the essential, foundational, and glorious truths of the Gospel. These truths take into account the whole counsel of God by answering important questions, such as:
- Who is God, and what is He like?
- Why do I exist? How am I to act toward God?
- What is my greatest problem and need?
- What has God done to solve this problem?
- How can I be saved?
- How should I now live?
Too often children are given mere bits and pieces of Gospel truth apart from the wider and deeper context of these truths. To repeatedly say, “Jesus died to save us from our sins,” is absolutely true, but this statement alone does not provide the amazing foundation on which this truth is built. And without that foundation, the enormous personal implications this truth demands are minimized. After completing all 15 chapters, you will have presented your children with a clear, succinct summary of the Gospel. Chapter include:
- Knowing God's Word
- Knowing God's Divine Character
- Knowing God's Glorious Deeds
- Knowing God's Purpose for His People
- Knowing God's Promises
- Honoring the Most High God
- Treasuring God Most
- God Calls His People to Be Holy
- All Have Sinned
- God's Gracious Redemptive Plan
- Jesus, the Only Savior
- Daily Walking With Jesus
- Everything Needed for Walking with Jesus
- Living Together As God's Family
- Living for the Glory of God
Each chapter in the Glorious God, Glorious Gospel devotional includes six sections:
- Introduction for Parents: For parents' own spiritual benefit and preparation.
- Pique Their Interest: A brief hook to grab your child's attention and direct their thinking.
- Instruct the Mind: Teaching material you will read to present biblical truth to your family. This section can take 5-1o minutes depending on discussion.
- Engage the Heart: These conversations help your family interact with the spiritual truth, identify how it applies practically to everyday life, and aids parents in understanding how to engage children in spiritual discussions.
- Influence the Will: Help your child to decide on a practical, concrete action step so he can learn to be a doer of the Word.
- Family Worship Time: A hymn is recommended with each chapter for your family to study and sing.
View Devotional Sample
View Coloring Book Sample
View Notebook Sample